By-Laws of the House of Iran
ARTICLE I NAME OF THE ORGANIZATION
The name of the organization shall be the House of Iran (here-in-after referred to as “HI”), a member of the House of Pacific Relations, International Cottages in Balboa Park, San Diego, California.
ARTICLE II STATUS OF THE ORGANIZATION
House of Iran is a non-profit organization, and its operations are in accordance with Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code or the corresponding section of any future Federal or State tax code.
ARTICLE III FLAG OF THE ORGANIZATION
The flag of House of Iran is the traditional three-color Iranian flag (Irish Green on top, White at center and Red at bottom) with no emblem or insignia.
ARTICLE IV GOALS OF THE ORGANIZATION
- To host activities which shall be unequivocally at all times, non political, non religious, non profit, and non sectarian and shall not discriminate based on race, color, sex, religion or national origin.
- To promote better cultural understanding, liberty and peace among people of all nationalities and backgrounds.
- To foster the spirit of tolerance and good will, friendship and exchange of ideas between people of all ethnic backgrounds.
- To introduce, disseminate and promote the very rich and diverse heritage of Persian (Iranian) culture.
- To sustain the Persian (Iranian) culture and its heritage by promoting social, inter-cultural activities among its members, as well as all ethnic backgrounds.
- House of Iran is organized for nonprofit purposes and individual members shall not drive profit therefrom.